WARNING!

Please read this before is too late!.

This is the real deal. If you are afraid of zombies please stop reading this blog.

Also, if you don't believe in zombie's existence, then... what are you doing here?
SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Monday, April 25, 2011

Requiem for A Pillow

A sad day was yesterday. My loyal companion since I was 10 years old, long long time ago, died. I still can't get over the shock. She was my confident, she was my friend in the good times and in the bad times. She will be missed big time.

She was given to me by my mother when I was 10. I used to sleep using a bag of rice as a pillow, but after many years of saving, one day my mother surprised my with something that I had never seen before: a pillow!

She became my best friend. Countless nights she was my quiet confident. She tolerated the hot summer days and was great comfort in the cold winter days. When I changed girlfriends, she was there for me. Then I married -I know...- she came with me. There was some jealousy but the wife understood that she was a deal-breaker. Or she accepted the two of us or i would walk. Then the two of us became three. It was fun.

She saw my son grow up. She was there for him also in the summer days and in the winter days. He became a man and she was still with me, thinner and thinner, but never-the-less with me. But then, I don't know how...I listened to the wife: "you should wash that pillow" she would say frequently, for years. And I should have know better (never listen to the wife). I had never washed my lovely pillow... it smelled like napalm in the mornings. I love the smell of napalm in the mornings. But, stupid me, I decided to listen to the wife. Obviously... big mistake.

She died alone. In the washer. There were feathers all over the washer... feathers that came from animals now considered extinct. There was nothing left. It was horrible. The horror.

She will be remembered forever. There will be mass all week remembering her. Please send money in lieu of flowers to The Pillow Foundation. This zombie is sad.

2 comments:

  1. Entiendo tu pesar. La Pillow Foundation no va a devolverte tu historia, pero puede que prevenga futuros desastres. Desde aquí envío mis apoyo.

    Nada es para siempre...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy agradecido. El dolor es intenso, la tristeza indescriptible...

    ReplyDelete